illegal operation---on email site

Dick9 04:20 09 May 04

When I go to my email provider's site (email.com) ; I always , sooner or later, get this message : "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. " And once I got this ominous, never-before-seen message : "This system is dangerously low on recourses. "

I have sent them emails---they do not respond.

I have windows 98 but not second edition.
I use IE 5 5 50 9507 2300 IC .

-----------------

What if I deleted ever cookie on my hard-drive ?
all 1000 of them. Would that do anything bad ?

At start up, a little icon of a match-stick-man appears momentarily next to the clock. What is that an icon of ? any connection ?

Valvegrid 07:47 09 May 04

Deleting all the cookies won't do any harm. As for the little matchstick man, I never seen that before on Windows, I wonder if there's something running in the background nibbling away at you resources? Try Alt+Ctrl+Delete once, to see what's running in the background. The only things needed to run the computer are Systray and Explorer, so ignor them, you may have the anti virus program listed and firewall, if you have one, you can ignor them, post back anything else and one of the guys/gals will tell you if it's OK.

Have you run Adaware click here and Spybot click here to make sure you've got no scumware running, also make sure your AV is up to date.

anniecat 09:02 09 May 04

it might be an idea to go to "windows update" and download any updates you need, because if [email protected] interpreting your message correctly you are running internet explorer 5.5 and there are newer versions you can download.

I run 98SE and I used to get these errors ALL the time usually in word or serif programmes like web plus 6 or page plus 7 and other programmes, but I always update windows and these days I very rarely get this happening.

I recently had a problem after installing new HP printer and was getting HPOSM error, which has now been fixed by disabling HP component manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…