Illegal Operation

Highland Park 17:07 24 Sep 04

I recently upgraded my Win. Media to 9 Series, and since then when I use my Soft DVD program to view DVD`s on the computer I get the message
"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" and I have to click the close buton and shut the program down.
Can anyone help ?.
Highland Park
OS 98 SE
DVD Writer NEC ND 1300 A

Diodorus Siculus 17:10 24 Sep 04

Can you reinstall the DVD player software?

Noelg23 17:10 24 Sep 04

get rid of Win Media 9 as it could be corrupting the system...and see if you can version 10 otherwise go back to the old version...

Noelg23 17:12 24 Sep 04

best thing really to do would be to try and reinstall the DVD software but if that dont do it....then get rid of Win Media 9...

Highland Park 17:20 24 Sep 04

Many thanks for the very quick replies, will try the solutions that were recommended and let you know the result.
Highland park

Highland Park 23:01 24 Sep 04

To Dio/Sic & Noelg 23
Got rid of Win. Media 9 Series, unfortunately it didn`t help and I didn`t get any software with my NEC ND 1300A, bought it as a single unit as I did with the NEC ND 3500A that I have in my XP Pro tower. Anyone else got any suggestions ?.
Highland Park

Diodorus Siculus 08:28 25 Sep 04

click here for a free DVD player that might serve as an alternative.

Or MaximusDVD if you can track it down - it seems to have disappeared.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…