illegal messages2

TrumpetT110 17:11 18 Jan 03
  TrumpetT110 17:11 18 Jan 03

Thank you VoGT for your interest.
I ask because a number of people seem to have this problem but I see no explanations. In my case the box is headed Rnaapp and reads This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I am running Windows 98SE and the message appears anytime usually when playing a simulation type game but even in the middle of defragmenting. When this first appeared 2 years ago I contacted Tiny Computers who recommended running the restore programe but 3 months later it was back. Some times you can get the programe back,other times it crashes. Regards to all.
TrumpetT110

Confab 17:23 18 Jan 03

A quick search on Google revealed

RNAAPP stands for Remote Network Access Application. This is the core application of Windows-based Dial-up Networking, which is the software that allows people to dial and connect to the Internet using a modem.

On occasion, RNAAPP.EXE will get locked in your system memory causing difficulty while connecting to the Internet. RNAAPP is understood by your Operating System as being an "Active Connection" and thus will hinder your computer's ability to establish another connection. This can sometimes be remedied by restarting the computer. In most cases, it is necessary to remove RNAAPP.EXE from your task list of running programs. You can do this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Close Program or Task Manager window. Once the task list is opened, click on RNAAPP.EXE and click the End Task button. Restart the computer and check for RNAAPP once fully rebooted. If RNAAPP continues to cause problems, you may want to consider re-installing the Dialup Networking Windows component.

Djohn 17:24 18 Jan 03

Rnaapp is part of "Dial up networking", I think! So it would seem that is where you problem is. J.

VoG™ 17:36 18 Jan 03

If anybody is interested this is the original posting click here

TrumpetT110 - It is best to stick to one thread rather than starting a new one. Just add your comments in the "Add a new response" box near the bottom of the page.

I agree with AMBER-SHORTIE and Djohn - it is related to Dial-up Networking.

Mad Boy 18:41 18 Jan 03

Im fed up, constantly geting the message, also using Win98Se

MikeJ101 19:05 18 Jan 03

Make sure you have all the updates for Win98SE - it can help resolve this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…