iiyama Problem

Lotty 20:25 01 Oct 04

I have just purchased a iiyama Prolite E434S, I have downloaded latest drivers for my Radeon 9600, and have also turned off power management features, but when I boot up the display remains blank and does not show the desktop, I am running XP. Any ideas please.

Diemmess 20:36 01 Oct 04

If merely blank,it would seem the video card to computer and display is in order.

Have you looked to see if there is a problem in Device Manager? Just possible the latest drivers are loaded badly and the result doesn't "make sense" to the hardware.

The resolution is probably meant to be set high, but even if not, there should be something on the screen.

Finally and forgive the question, but is there a power-on light and does it show green or amber?

Lotty 20:42 01 Oct 04

Hi Diemmess,
I did mean blank, I have checked in device manager and there is no problem there, the power on light is green when this occurs.

Lotty

Diemmess 20:57 01 Oct 04

A mite stoopid here! You can hardly fiddle with device manager unless you are using the old monitor.

Ypu could try removing the drivers and see if the new monitor comes up with a display of sorts.

If it doesn't work even after that, it may be that your nice new monitor (and it's rare) is d.o.a.

But then someone else may notice this post and come up with a really sensible suggestion ........I hope so.

Lotty 21:05 01 Oct 04

No it is me being silly here, I forgot to mention that when I have booted up and are looking at a blank screen, if I turn the monitor off and back on again hey presto! I see the desktop.

Diemmess 21:08 01 Oct 04

Now that is a different problem ...... I'm flummoxed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…