IIS and asp problems.

Parklife 23:57 30 Apr 04

Help needed please. Have installed IIS running win xp pro. Have created a folder(dreamweaver) and placed this at wwwroot\dreamweaver\mysite where mysite is my folder containing my pages(files). Have inserted a simple asp script to test the server but the code will not execute. When trying to set up the testing server....click here I get a message saying that i cannot use the path i am specifying. If i just insert click here and test the server it will accept this but obviously there is no path to my site. I have deleted the dreamweaver folder and just had wwwroot\mysite but still get path not allowed when using click here. IIS is set up correctly. I have even tried to alter homepage in IIS default web to wwwroot\mysite but to no avail. Can anyone help. I really want to get into asp but without testing on my own pc am getting annoyed. Cheers.

Taran 00:12 01 May 04

Did you use the built in browser to find your testing server folder ?

Under Local info in the site setup you should have this:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dreamweaver\mysite
The testing server folder should read:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dreamweaver\mysite
This assumes that you have Windows and IIS installed on drive letter C:

Just below that, your URL prefix should have been filled in automatically to reflect the above details, and should read:

click here

Note the ending \ on the end of the folder path and the / on the end of the testing URL.

I suspect your folder path or URL is missing one of the slashes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now