Iipconfig

knobler 22:58 06 Feb 06

Hi I'll try to keep it brief.

I've just done a complete reinstall of windows Xp but cannot connect to the internet now via my belkin router.

I've typed in ipconfig but nothing is coming up. Belkin have lost me (as they don't seem to know themselves) in jargon.

The computer links to the router via cable but via wireless on the one i'm using.

Thanks

Skills 23:00 06 Feb 06

Are you're network card drivers installed?

johnnyrocker 23:00 06 Feb 06

try shutting all off then modem first wait one min switch wireless on then pc after a further min?

johnny.

woodchip 23:03 06 Feb 06

You need to first setup the Router through the Setup Web Page by typing the Address in, I have no IDEA what yours is but mine is a 3Com and 192.168.1.1 gets my setup you then have to go through setup and install user and password etc. when this is setup and you can connect via the wired computer then you should collect the SSID and any other settings you need and install these in the Wireless software settings to get the wireless to connect

Skills 23:09 06 Feb 06

I may have misread but it looks to me like the wireless connection is workin but his wired one is not.

As they said they had reinstalled XP network card drivers seem the first logical point to me.

knobler 23:14 06 Feb 06

How can I find out if my network card drivers are installed? Sorry to sound so stupid!!

knobler 23:18 06 Feb 06

tried going in through the setup page but it wont let me do anything as there's no internet connection available!!!!!!!!!!

Skills 23:20 06 Feb 06

GO into the control panel | system | hardware Tab and open up the device manager is there any devices shown with an exclemation mark next to them. If so those devices need the drivers installing for them

Skills 23:22 06 Feb 06

Do you have the cds that came with your computer these should have the drivers on them for your hardware.

knobler 23:27 06 Feb 06

Network adapters aok but other devices show a yellow question mark and relate to: Other PCI bridge Device. PCI Memory controller and SM Bus control

not sure if these three would affect it?

knobler 23:29 06 Feb 06

Mesh sent me the drivers. Motherboard, Graphics & modem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac