iI WANT TO TEST IF MY HD IS FAULTY, ANY HELP PLEAS

Ben capewell 20:06 25 Sep 06

MY PC HAS BEEN RUNNING SLOW FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS(45 MINS TO BOOT), I HAVE POSTED A FEW QUESTIONS ON THE FORUM, AND HAD GREAT REPLYS, (FRUIT BAT ETC) IVE BEEN TO THE HJT, AND THE TECHIES AT MALWARE REMOVER,BUT I THINK IT COULD BE THE HD, HOW CAN I CHECK THIS

ashdav 20:20 25 Sep 06
  ashdav 20:21 25 Sep 06

Sorry select the middle one SeaTools Desktop

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:27 25 Sep 06

What make of HDD? the manufctureres sight will have diagnostic tools.

Ben capewell 20:33 25 Sep 06

ITS A MAXTOR, DO YOU EVER LEAVE THIS SITE !!!!

Ben capewell 20:36 25 Sep 06

WE HAVE HAD THIS CHAT BEFORE BUT ALL I GET WHEN I GOOGLE MAXTOR IS LOADS OF SALES BUMF

terryf 20:45 25 Sep 06

Capital letters = SHOUTING

terryf 20:46 25 Sep 06

click here You should have googled 'Maxtor tools'

Ben capewell 20:48 25 Sep 06

The Hd ive got is a Maxtor i went on to that site and started and then was not sure what to do.

Ben capewell 20:51 25 Sep 06

thanks mate i will try that, the only problem is pc is running that slow it might take me a few hours. but thanks again,

terryf 20:59 25 Sep 06

the instructions for use are all on the page of the site, download the program to a suitable place, put a floppy in and 2 click the downloaded file, this will make a bootable floppy that you do a rstart and boot from, then perform the testd WARNING: ALL DATA WILL BE LOST WHEN PERFORMING THE LOW LEVEL FORMAT QUICK OR FULL OPTIONS SO IN YOUR CASE DON'T PERFORM THEM. You may have to go into the bios to change the boot order to make the order FD then CD then HD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017