IHelp installing drivers please

six-h 13:14 20 Jul 09

Since the search tool doesn't seem to be working again yet, could someone advise me how to install drivers!
I've just done a clean install of XP on my old lappy, and the manual says to install the following drivers in the correct order.
1:Audio, 2:Modem, 3:LAN, 4:Video, others in any order. I have downoladed the latest versions from the manufacturers website (albeit dated 2002)
I suspect the proceedure for installing these drivers is no different to those that I've previously installed for cameras, scanners printers etc, but just wanted confirmation as I don't want to damage my nice new OS !

johndrew 16:56 20 Jul 09

In my experience drivers generally come as self installing packages which simply require you to double click them. On occasion they are compressed in .zip files which require opening prior to installation but there is little else I have experienced.

I would have thought that if the process was other than automatic there would have been a file in Notepad form providing detailed instructions.

You could always backup your `nice new OS` before you start to ensure you have a fall back in the event of problems.

six-h 00:54 21 Jul 09

Thanks johndrew, sorry for the delay in response.
I'll give it a go Tuesday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced