iGoogle Home Page withdrawn

mimosa418 10:51 AM 05 Jul 12

Now that google has announced that iGoogle home page will cease next year, does anyone have suggestions for an alternative home page which can be personalised with a selection of items such as news , e-mail, finance etc.

Woolwell 16:28 PM 05 Jul 12

Watching

lotvic 19:15 PM 05 Jul 12

I thought most ISP's have that and My Yahoo and the like.

Woolwell 23:00 PM 05 Jul 12

But they are not really customisable like iGoogle. You can only get certain news for example. Didn't really want to use myYahoo.

mimosa418 08:14 AM 06 Jul 12

woolwell. I agree. A bit of research yesterday found this netvibeswhich looks like it may be a good replacement. I have an old, unused, btinternet address which will give me access to My yahoo as a last resort.

birdface 10:16 AM 06 Jul 12

Hard to get reviews for Netvibes only 2 that I found thought that it was going downhill since the pay for version came into force.It still has the free version of course.

In the past, Netvibes was the best application for a custom start page. However, now that they have added a paid "VIP" option, it is obvious they have no interest in supporting non-paying users. A quick look at their support forums, will quickly show the complete lack of support they now offer."

Woolwell 19:20 PM 06 Jul 12

mimosa418 - If you have a Facebook log in then you can use that for my yahoo. But it isn't the same as iGoogle.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

Apple rumours & predictions 2015: What to expect from Apple for the rest of the year – new iPhones,o…