If you've integrated graphics can u upgrade?

phoebe_cat 20:30 07 Oct 05

Hi, my new PC has integrated graphics. I've installed The Sims 2 and it is running unbelievably slow. I've checked the spec required on the game n everything seems fine, they reccomend 256mb ram n I have about 1.5gb n my processer is up to spec too. The only thing I can think of is my graphics. As they are integrated could I still install a graphics card for better performance? If so what sort of spec should I be looking for? Thanx!

GaT7 20:36 07 Oct 05

"...could I still install a graphics card for better performance?" - most likely, yes.

Please tell us your Motherboard make & model, & we'll be able to advise you about spec, etc. G

hzhzhz 20:38 07 Oct 05

Ive put a radeon 9600 pro in my daughters pc coz she loves the simms. It runs nicely. Cost about £50.

phoebe_cat 20:43 07 Oct 05

Asus K8S-LA (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN, IEEE-1394) Haven't got a clue what that lot means!

GaT7 20:45 07 Oct 05

If you look at the system requirements page click here, & scroll down it gives you a list of supported graphics cards.

We still require the mobo info to be able to tell you which graphics cards would be compatible with it (the mobo).

hzhzhz's daughter's has a 9600 Pro, which should be sufficient, but a website recommends a 9800. Better the g'card better the game play, so it would come down to the type of card that'll be compatible & your budget. G

GaT7 20:47 07 Oct 05

Sorry, didn't refresh before posting.

Will be back if I find the necessary info. G

phoebe_cat 20:48 07 Oct 05

Mobo?! Sorry, but that's right over my head!

Chegs ® 20:53 07 Oct 05

Mobo=Motherboard

hzhzhz 20:53 07 Oct 05

Having ran the sims on several different g/cards I would certainly not recommend going below the spec of the 9600 pro 256mb.

phoebe_cat 20:58 07 Oct 05

Thanx for the info about what is working for you. It really is a big help. If anyone can let me know IF I can actually upgrade my graphics then I'll definatlely take on your recommendations. Tis a bind being addicted to those Sims. ;-)

dan11 21:00 07 Oct 05

Is it a HP machine. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now