If you want to use outlook express but cant...

Jwbjnwolf 18:56 30 Nov 10

If you are somebody who is trying to set there email account up with outlook express, but cannot understand how to set it up, then this will tell you how to
click here
ok, it is gmail that they are showing but it actually works with yahoo as well.
Where they say to type in 'pop.gmail.com', just type 'pop.yahoo.co.uk'
and same withe the one below that.
Me, i was one that did not understant how to and that is why i got thunderbird as it detects it straight away. But after deciding to try again i found this page which says all the steps.
I think it is the same steps for ms office outlook and should imagaine most other email accounts

john bunyan 18:58 30 Nov 10

OE doesnt work with W7.

Jwbjnwolf 19:10 30 Nov 10

And did i mention anything about windows 7?
No.
Not all people in the world have windows 7 you know. And outlook express is tecnically windows live mail now.

bremner 19:20 30 Nov 10

I am sure John was only trying to help and perhaps was making the point not solely for your benefit

Jwbjnwolf 19:28 30 Nov 10

sorry

lotvic 19:28 30 Nov 10

jwarn your enthusiasm to help is overwhelming :)

I thought you were now using the new W7 Dell that your mum bought, have you managed to somehow sort out the XP laptop that you put away because of the stress of messing up the OS and playing with linux?

Jwbjnwolf 19:38 30 Nov 10

Still waiting for it to be connected to the internet.
I only go on it every so often, mostly to play one of the games like UK Truck Simulater which works best on a powerful pc.
When i first saw windows 7, i didnt like it, but that was only a quick sneack at it in comet so i still wanted to go back to xp and i now have what i wanted.
shortally after i bought windows 7 but got board of it after a while so I prefre to be on my xp netbook as it is mine and as my mum prefres pcs, we agreed that the pc is mainly for my mum to use and i use my netbook

Jwbjnwolf 19:41 30 Nov 10

it was my big vista one which then had windows 7,then linux then ubuntu that put away.
I guess as there has been rather a lot it is getting confusing.

Jwbjnwolf 19:42 30 Nov 10

and the dell is from home accessclick here

lotvic 20:03 30 Nov 10

I remember now, yes it was Vista laptop of course, sorry.
Hope you don't have to wait too long for telehone master socket to be moved nearer the Dell.
(I did wonder why an extension lead could not be used temporary, but guess there is a good reason for that)

Jwbjnwolf 20:09 30 Nov 10

I was about to try that but it does not work but at least we ain't paying for it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…