If you have new W7 x64 PC that came with IE9 installed can you check.

mooly 18 Aug 12
Answered

Strange question folks.

I am trying to find out if security update KB2706045 which was released with Augusts updates is offered for PC's running W7 64bit OS and that have ONLY ever had IE9 installed. If you have ever had IE8 then I think you might have this update.

mooly 18 Aug 12

Thanks Jock1e

The full story is that the cummulative IE9 update seems to change the way cookies and login data are handled. I asked on the MS forums and I'm constantly being told that this KB2706045 update should be present. In fact I'm being told to contact MS support but have you ever tried to do that... all the links take me to the MS forums.

Anyhow my feeling now is that this update may not be applicable to IE9 and so wanted to confirm if other users had in fact got it installed.

Link in the last but one post here has the full story, http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4164714/problem-with-todays-w7-updates-and-cookies/

mooly 18 Aug 12

Thanks... that's great to know and thanks for that link. Hadn't seen that particular one.

lotvic 18 Aug 12
Answer

I found this explains it a little clearer http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin/ms12-056 security update is rated Important for JScript 5.8 and VBScript 5.8 on 64-bit Windows clients

mooly 18 Aug 12

Thanks Lotvic. Buried in the FAQ's in your link is the vital info :)

PCA to the rescue again. Resolved methinks...

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message