If I've learnt anything from owning a PC it's this

Graphicool1 14:06 04 Nov 09

Buy one that's been built, set-up and equipped by experts, with everything you think you'll need. Plus a few things that as yet you don't, but might sometime in the future, But whatever you do...Don't go on line, NEVER go on line!

If you're getting a PC with the intention of going on line. You have two choices...

1 - Approach the whole scenario with Naivety, nil preparation, totally trusting. After all, everyone wants to do their best for you, they all want you to succeed and see you do well.
My advice - make your peace with your loved ones. Your life on line will be short and painful. You will see things, hear things that will turn your stomach and mess with your mind! Prepare to meet your maker, whatever that may be!

Or...

2 - Prepare yourself the best you can, get advice, from the battle weary, the wounded, the veterans. Then arm yourself with all the latest security equipment, armour and weaponry, that your budget will allow. Train yourself both mentally and physically. You are a soldier, you are going to war. It will be brutal and bloody, trust no-one completely, take no prisoners and shoot to kill!
Remember, you are but one of many millions, who as yet or once were like you, green, un-bloodied, un-bowed. Holding the world in the palm of their hands, trembling a little inside, a little afraid, a little excited.
What will you be tomorrow, a hero or a raving lunatic? Tomorrow will tell.

canarieslover 14:23 04 Nov 09

Tomorrow must have arrived as you seem to have morphed into a raving lunatic already!!! Try to calm down a bit, it will help your blood pressure.

Procrastinus 14:31 04 Nov 09

Gordon Bennet!

Graphicool1 14:36 04 Nov 09

From one raving lunatic to another...
...Thank you for your continuing suppport in this matter. We have to stick together comrade.

Graphicool1 14:38 04 Nov 09

"Gordon Bennet!"
I've heard of him, I think he's in the same ward as me?

oldbeefer2 14:43 04 Nov 09

Speaker's Corner, perhaps!

tullie 14:43 04 Nov 09

I shake my head in disbelief

Graphicool1 14:45 04 Nov 09

"oldbeefer2"
Not me I'm a vegan.

canarieslover 14:46 04 Nov 09

Hyde Park is too cold at this time of the year.

Graphicool1 14:53 04 Nov 09

Your plea has not fallen on deaf ears.
The deed is done,
The die is cast,
But oh what fun,
We'll have at last?
It's so doomy and gloomy over here!

oldbeefer2 14:54 04 Nov 09

Just noticed I put the apostrophe in the wrong place - shocking!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5