If I did not have a Firewall?

Sapins 15:05 26 Dec 03

What would attacks by the NetBus Trojan Horse and BackDoor/SubSeven Trojan Horse do exactly?

hugh-265156 15:07 26 Dec 03
  Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:14 26 Dec 03

I wouldnt like to know i had trouble with Trojans worms when i did have a firewall so god knows what would happen without 1, i do know that if a program did become infected it would have free range to do what it wonted on the net without the firewall telling you what trying to connect,i got the niachi worm and lucky i was able to block it with ZA it asked for permission just after AVG found it otherwise it would be online new users of xp who aren't used to the different programs asking for permission could leave them selves wide open.Just my opinion.

Regards

Sapins 15:29 26 Dec 03

Hi huggyg71 and  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË, I get notice of these two attacks quite regularly and the firewall takes care of them.

I only asked because the FE and someone else said they didn't use a firewall, so how do they get away with it?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:35 26 Dec 03

The firewall only blocks what you tell it so if you dont know what is infected then it not worth having i know it may seem patronising but knowledge is power keep virus up to date at all times,and dont be like me learn about all things not just what copncerns u that way you can help others who get the same thing,In my opinion for what it worth a firewall is essencial not just to protect u but others you contact as well.Others may disagree that there parogative but me get a firewall,lol.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…