If finding PCA site slow,browser change needed.

sunnystaines 07:47 AM 10 Dec 12

using ie9 or firefox17, change to chrome browser it makes PCA load as fast as any other site. no idea why the other browsers are slow with PCA.

Nontek 08:30 AM 10 Dec 12

FF opens fine for me too.

tullie 09:27 AM 10 Dec 12

No problems here with FF.

spuds 10:02 AM 10 Dec 12

Google Chrome works fine for me on this website, where IE does not.

If you have been following some of the postings over the past few weeks, it would appear that some people have problems with certain devices and browsers when others do not. In some cases, suggestions have been offered by people like Woolwell and Bremner et al.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:11 PM 10 Dec 12

No trouble with FF or Chrome but I find IE is slow with every site.

xania 13:19 PM 10 Dec 12

I normally run IE8 at home and at work, but sometimes have used Chrome at home. I find PCA not just slow but sometimes stopped. Also Ebay. At present having to type this message using the scroll bar to refresh the screen in order to see what I am typing. Heaven knows (or should that be Microsft) what's going on today.

sunnystaines 13:57 PM 10 Dec 12

had chrome a week now very impressed.

stlucia2 11:19 AM 12 Dec 12

I have no doubt that some browsers will work better with PCAdvisor web site, but why should this be? I use IE8, and it's acceptably fast with all of the web sites I visit, including other forums, except for PCA.

Not everyone with a computer is tech-savvy enough to download and use another browser (or wants to use another browser) other than the one that their PC came with, which in 99.99% of cases must be IE.

So why can't PCA's web site be programmed so that it runs smoothly and quickly on IE, just like most other web sites do?

spuds 11:41 AM 12 Dec 12

I find Firefox and Chrome the most reliable on all the daily websites I use, IE is well down my list, especially on the PCA website, which as you seem to say doesn't work at all very well for some reason with IE?.

It would be nice to really know the answer to this?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know