If in doubt, chuck it out?

Diemmess 17:02 21 Feb 05

Minor stuff really The dreg ends of suspicious files as found in HijackThis log ..............

E:\Program Files\Web_Rebates\WebRebates1.exe

E:\Program Files\Web_Rebates\WebRebates0.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sais] e:\program files\180solutions\sais.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WebRebates0] "E:\Program Files\Web_Rebates\WebRebates0.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "E:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jwryt] E:\WINNT\jwryt.exe

All are doomed for deletion (in reckless mode)but I cannot find any reference about the last line (jwryt etc.)...... My daughter doesn't want MsnMsgr anyway.

It was a daughter's computer slightly sullied by having let her son on it when his...(so gummed up he couldn't get on line)... was off song.

Gongoozler 17:11 21 Feb 05

Have you tried Tools - Folder Options - View - Show hidden files and folders.

VoG II 17:12 21 Feb 05

You certainly don't want to keep the first four anyway.

Diemmess 17:34 21 Feb 05

Thank you both. The computer wasn't too badly infested.

If I plod through Google, I can usually find a clue about the files I don't recognise......It was just this jwryt . exe which seemed to have no references..... So it will have to go when I visit tomorrow.

Gongoozler 17:49 21 Feb 05

These strange entries often use randomly generated characters to hide their identity, so you are unlikely to find what this one is by searching Google.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…