IExplorer. 6 - how to open 'maximised' windows

Rob6 09:07 11 Aug 04

A little niggle, but it is driving me nuts! When I open IE from my tool bar I get a full screen window (good). However, when I'm looking at a web page and want to open a link in a new page (by right click and 'open in new window') it always opens as a small little box that I then need to resize/ maximise (bad). The strange thing is that sometimes the size and position of the opening window changes ...but I've no idea what I did to make it happen. Any thoughts people?

Al94 09:21 11 Aug 04

Try I E Windows Maximiser free download click here

Falkyrn 09:21 11 Aug 04

When you resize the secondary windows try holding down the control key and dragging the windows by the edges with the mouse to the desired size ... IE should then hopefully retain this information for all subsequent windows opened

VoG II 09:25 11 Aug 04

Close all IE windows except the small one.

Drag the sides so it fills the screen (do not use the maximise button).

Use File/Close (not X) to close the window.

Sethhaniel 09:34 11 Aug 04

was having same trouble myself and your 'solution' has as it says 'solved' it ;)

Rob6 09:37 11 Aug 04

You are all stars

Baslla321 10:05 11 Aug 04

How is it that I cant get the option to open another window on my WIN XP pro when I right click on desktop as you stated? Sorry to ask this as it has nothing to do with your first question.

Sethhaniel 10:10 11 Aug 04

it's when you right click 'hyperlink' in Webpage
to open web page in new window

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…