iexplore.exe

allanon 15:26 18 Feb 07

Is the above a trojan or a valid microsoft program?. I've had a slow system recently and had a search through the running processes and found the above. My friend said that this is a trojan but does anyone know how to get rid of it?, assuming he's correct. I have NOD32, Ad-aware, Spybot and defender 2, and have run checks but none of them have identified the above?. I downloaded the latest stinger files from McAfee and again nothing was found.
Any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:35 18 Feb 07

Yes iexplore.exe is MS if your still using IE6 or lower.

If those programs haven't found anything then I wouldn't worry too much.

Clear out all temporay files and folders -- use Crap Cleaner click here

Clean the registry -- Free Registry cleaners :-
RegscrubXP click here

Pagefile (Virtual Memory) -- Rght click MY Computer - select propeties - Advanced tab - Performance - advanced tab - Virtual memory click change, you can put the page file on a differnt drive (if you have one), click custom size and set Initial size to one and a half times the amount of memory you have fitted i.e. 512MB memory = set to 768MB, set maximum to double your memory amount i.e. 512MB memory = 1024MB click ok.
If your hard drive is full and there is not enough room for the pagefile this can slow down, freeze or even cause the PC to crash (restart).

Cut down on the programs that load at startup -- Start - Run type msconfig - startup tab- untick everything except for firewall, antivirus and antispyware and the services that run in the background. click here

chocolate cake 15:36 18 Feb 07

try here for more info click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017