IEXPLORE.EXE

Michael-205600 19:07 24 May 04

In windows "Task Manager" i have running aprogramme called IEXPLORE.EXE, when I try to close this down, I get a message saying "Operation could not be completed. Acces is Denied".
Any Ideas please, the memory usage is 3716K

If I have Internet explorer open, I have IEXPLORER.EXE twic in the Task manager.

I am experiencing other problems, which I am putting down to the above being open.

I.E Every now and again, my Norton software keeps coming up with hte message about blocking e-mails, with a code in the bottom left corner of 1003,11 and a 552 error code:content rejected, this is 1 of many messages regarding blocked e-mail, another one is that my e-mails have generated a high level of complaints, (This is an AOL Message), I am sitting at my screen at the moment and am being bombarded with these messages even though I am not logged onto the internet.

Any help Please

VoG II 19:09 24 May 04

Well, you may think you are not connected to the internet but Internet Explorer is running click here

What anti-virus do you have?

Have you scanned for spyware?

VoG II 19:10 24 May 04

Sorry, A/V = Norton.

woodchip 19:12 24 May 04

Go to Start\Run type MSCONFIG go to startup tab and remove the tick for IEXPLORER.EXE

woodchip 19:14 24 May 04

It should not run, only when you call up the program

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…