iexplore and explorer error messages

rupertk 19:03 06 May 03

I keep getting error messages, especially when I launch internet explorer and outlook express, viz:
"iexplore has caused an error in unknown> iexplore will now close" or I get one about windows explorer - same message. I cannot access the net or outlook express. I have Windows ME and have run Norton Utilities and Internet Security on the machine several times. I usually get a new problem which is fixable, each time I run windoctor. I have re-installed Windows ME once, but it makes no difference.
Anyone had similar problems or know what I can do? I'm desperate!

VoG™ 19:12 06 May 03

Try repairing IE click here

Tim1964 20:30 06 May 03

I had a similar problem when I upgraded to winME. A corrupted mshtml.dll file caused IE to crash every few mins. tried repair and tried to replace damaged mshtml file but in the end it was down to a re-format and reinstallation of win98. Now sweet as a nut. Is there any reason you don't want to go back (if that's the right term) to '98? As many on this forum recount horror stories of winME

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…