IExplore caused a valid page fault?

CalmCookie 13:23 27 Jan 03

Every time I open Internet explorer I am getting the message:
IEXPLORE caused a valid page fault in module MSVBVM60.dll at 0167:6600fddc.
I then get a System Dump and IE closes.
I understand that this file is needed to run Visual Basic.
Can anyone tell me how to cure this problem?
I am running Win98SE.

jazzypop 13:33 27 Jan 03
  JoeC 13:49 27 Jan 03
  CalmCookie 11:09 02 Feb 03

Neither of these two answers really give me much of an idea as to what I need to do. Should I download the MSVBVM60.dll file and replace the one I currently am using?

Perhaps a bit more detailed help would be very much appreciated.

jazzypop 11:39 02 Feb 03

"Click a button above to download your Visual Basic run-time file (VB40032.DLL, MSVBVM50.DLL or MSVBVM60.DLL). The .ZIP file you download will contain one single .DLL.

Simply UnZip the file into your Windows\System folder. This folder goes by several names on different systems. It may be called Windows\System32, Win95\System32, WinNT\System32 or any of these without the "32" at the end (if you have both, choose the folder with the "32" at the end.

That's It! After the .DLL has been unzipped and placed into the appropriate directory, you are done. Enjoy using your Visual Basic program!"

(From the link that I posted above.)

Please clarify the part that doesn't make sense, and I will be happy to provide more detailed instructions.

As you say, download the file, and place it in the folder - if prompted, choose to over-write (replace) the existing file.

CalmCookie 13:36 05 Feb 03

Thanks Jazzypop.........I'll give it a go....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…