"iespell" Spell Checker

tonyq 14:47 30 Aug 06

Advice Needed Please.
I have downloaded "iespell" Spell Checker,(Which I find very useful),my problem is how can I make it available to other "User Accounts" that use the computer.

Stuartli 15:04 30 Aug 06

If you go to My Computer>C drive>Program Files>IESpell>View>Customise>Sharing tab and Enable it.

tonyq 15:55 30 Aug 06

Hi Stuartli,
thanks for the reply forgot to say that I am using Win XP I.E6.
,whenI go to, My Computer C drive Program Files IESpell View Customise Sharing tab

What I get is:
Local sharing and security
To share this folder with other users of this computer only, drag it to the Shared Document Folder.

To make this folder and its subfolders private so that only you have access select the following check box. Make this folder private (which is greyed out).

I don't get a box where I can "Enable It".

Can you tell me if this way is suitable for "Programme Files" as well as standard folders.

tonyq 16:09 30 Aug 06

I have tried copying the iespell folder to "Shared"folder but still not working in a different user account, yet the iepell folder shows up in the Programme Folder.

Stuartli 17:05 30 Aug 06

In the way I described, from the Sharing tab, you should have the choice of Share this folder or, alternatively, Don't share this folder (or words to that effect).

Stuartli 17:08 30 Aug 06

You could also read the subject up from Help and Support (which is what it is there for!) by keying in Sharing folders or similar wording.

tonyq 18:54 30 Aug 06

I have tried help & support but nothing seems to relate to my problem. This is what I get when I go to: My Computer C drive Program Files IESpell View Customise Sharing tab

click here

Stuartli 19:14 30 Aug 06

I use XP Pro in Classic mode and some sequences are different (i.e. I use List from View etc for all folder contents) - old habits die hard...:-)

Stuartli 19:14 30 Aug 06

There is still a Customise tab listed on your link.

Jackcoms 19:33 30 Aug 06

Which version of ieSpell have you installed?

The latest 2.4.0 (build 428) or an older version?

There is a known bug in older versions which prevents it from being 'seen' by other users on a multi-account XP machine. This has been fixed in the latest version.

tonyq 19:42 30 Aug 06

Hi Jackcoms,
I have the 2.4.0 428 build,which as you said is the latest build.

To Stuartli,this is the Customize Tab:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…