IEEE 802.11G Wireless Router - Help!

rhiansara 21:12 08 Jul 07

We have just decided to go wireless to avoid all the cables and have just bought an IEEE 802.11G Wireless Router - saying on the box that it's for DSL/Cable connections.
My question is will this work with my TESCO broadband connection?! The reason I ask is because there is no ADSL port in the wireless router?! There is 1 WAN port and 4 LAN ports.

There is an instruction manual with this router but it is not very specific and as I am a beginner I need more assistance than it can give!

Thank you
Rhian

rhiansara 21:14 08 Jul 07

ooh also, is this type of router a modem also or would I need to connect my speedtouch modem to it?

Thanks
Rhian

rhiansara 21:25 08 Jul 07

it's a Micra Digital router sorry. I think that I need to perhaps connect it to my modem but cannot see whatpost/cables to use!

THanks again, any help would be gratefully received!
Rhian

nick2308 21:43 08 Jul 07

rhiansara

Is it this one click here if so it is for cable broadband, you will need a adsl wireless router.

Strawballs 21:44 08 Jul 07

I'm afraid you have the wrong router you will need a combined modem/router.

click here

rhiansara 21:46 08 Jul 07

yes that's the one from Tesco!
thanks I will go out immediately and get the right one...blimmin electricals helpdesk in tesco!
Rhian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…