ieee 1394 plus digital video camera..win xp

iqs 14:22 10 Oct 04

hello all.i have a samsung digital video camera which connects to my pc via ieee.my question,how do you close down the camera before removing from the pc?.when i switch of the camera the pc beeps,then i remove the cable form the camera.but is this a safe,only way.with usb devices i just click on the safely remove hardware icon,then select the correct piece of hardware.thank you for taking the time to read,and i hope to hear from you soon.many thanks.mike

ICF 15:26 10 Oct 04

Yep that's all I do is as you said turn off the video camera and unplug the cable from the PC.

easyrider 19:22 10 Oct 04

That's all I ever do and have been fo the past year and so far no problems with my computer.I believe the pc is beeping to let you know that a local connection has become disconnected just in case it was accidental disconnect. If I am wrong in this assumption please some let me know.

iqs 23:44 11 Oct 04

hello icf and easyrider.thank you for your help.much appreciated : )
kind regards
mike

ICF 07:40 15 Oct 04

No prob :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…