IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE PORT

berlinexpress 11:40 04 Feb 03

I have a new PC that has 4 slots for different size smartmedia cards and a USB port on the front panel. When I inserted the card from my digital camera nothing happened. After installing various software, which included a driver for my Lexar smartmedia reader I found icons for the four slots in the "Devices with removable storage" section of "My computer". On reinserting my camera card the images were transferred to the PC. Here's the problem, when I plugged my Smartmedia reader into a USB slot at the back of the PC the icons for the four slots disappeared and no longer work. Unplugging the Smartmedia reader makes no difference, what have I done wrong?

Gerrycan 13:52 04 Feb 03

have you checked out compatibility with your os
had similar problem with kodak card reader and win xp,problem over came by downloading latest VIA 4 IN 1 DRIVERS i am not suggesting this might resolve your problem as you dont state which o/s your using,or do you have via chipset?
(usb controllers),

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…