IE9 remember password

Snrub 11:41 AM 17 Dec 11

When setting up a new wesite the IE9 remember password box pops up at the bottom of screen to save and remember passwords. How is it possible to enable the box to pop up on already set up urls when the save password box was not used initially but required at a later stage?

Snrub 18:12 PM 17 Dec 11

Any answers to this query please to enable box to rememder passwords for url log in?

Woolwell 18:44 PM 17 Dec 11

I ahve always foudn this a bit hit and miss with IE. Not sure how to enable a prompt every time but you can check that under Internet Options - Content Tab - Autocomplete settings that the boxes usernames and forms and ask me boxes are checked. Otherwise you may need something like Roboform.

Woolwell 18:44 PM 17 Dec 11

Spell check obviously wasn't working well!

Snrub 00:34 AM 18 Dec 11

thanks Woolwell autocomplete boxes are checked so not that. I don't think there is an easy answer to this problem. Have googled it and others have asked same question but havn't found any answers.

rdave13 01:28 AM 18 Dec 11

The only way is to restore IE9 back to default settings and start again. So before you go to the 'tools' tab, then 'internet options' - 'advanced' tab and click on the 'reset' tab for IE, make sure you have a back-up of all your passwords.

Otherwise it is a registry task.

Snrub 02:09 AM 18 Dec 11

thanks rdave13 I don't gave back up password software so can you explain registry task method?

KRONOS the First 07:15 AM 18 Dec 11

Backup passwords.

I would ad vies using something like Roboform, which I use as it will now back up your password to the cloud and is very simple to use. The free version will only store 10 passwords but I think it is worth buying the pro version. There are other program's that will save your passwords but others will nee to tell you of them.

rdave13 10:56 AM 19 Dec 11

Have a look at the 12-14-2011, 06:41 PM post here

Snrub 00:01 AM 20 Dec 11

Thanks rdave13 will have a look, seems appropriate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know