IE9 Hijacks default browser.

rawsongreen 09:57 AM 30 Nov 12

I use deepnet explorer as my web browser and I make it my default bowser in tools, options etc If I then immediately click a link in an email e.g. it opens in IE9!!!!! Is there a way of making deepnet explorer my permanent web browser? I'm using Windows 7 Home premium.

johndrew 14:12 PM 30 Nov 12

Apparently this is a problem that is not unknown. Look at these links:

enter link description here

enter link description here

But the Deepnet words say it can be set as default. Ramesh gives a way for XP but whether this is adaptable for W7 ...

johndrew 14:19 PM 30 Nov 12

A thought, you have tried 'Start/Control Panel/Default Programs', choose the browser you want in the 'Programs' list, and then click 'Set this program as default' and click OK?

rawsongreen 14:25 PM 30 Nov 12

Thanks johndrew but deepnet is not on the list!

rawsongreen 14:32 PM 30 Nov 12

Thanks again johndrew, your'e first 3 suggestions came to nothing and the last one is only for XP

Sea Urchin 14:47 PM 30 Nov 12

If the required program is not on the list you have to use "Associate a file type with a program" instead

This video shows you how:

For Windows 7

PS You may be asked to download Silverlight if you don't have it to view the video

rawsongreen 14:59 PM 01 Dec 12

Thanks sea urchin but it still comes down to the fact that Deepnet is not on any list or file types.

rawsongreen 15:22 PM 02 Dec 12

dr yes Thanks. I'm using 64 bit. I think you could be correct about Deepnet, the problem is more complcated than first stated. If I make Chrome my default browser then make Deepnet the default, it immediately reverts back to Chrome.

rawsongreen 14:59 PM 03 Dec 12

dr yes, I'm afraid Deepnet is not on the list and if I get to a page where their are several lines of IE with boxes ticked, Windows will not let me untick them. I tried reinstalling Deepnet but it made no difference. I think I will have to accept things, it's not a big problem but we like our commputers to work as they should!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…