IE9 downloaded and Realplayer will not open

pcdimwit 12:50 PM 12 Sep 11

Hi, I have donwloaded the latest version of IE9, and now when I log on the sound of the windows "melody" is very low, and my real player wont work, it opens the homepage of RealPlayer but I get a "cannot open page" when I try to open BBC radio4 or any radio programme, I am in Holland and this is a Vista laptop Acer 5535, It was all perfect with the old version of Internet explorer, I am wishing I had not started this as it seems to be running much slower and I dont know if it has affected any other programmes yet, what do you think?? is there something wrong in the settings of IE9 that wont allow me to open real player?? thanks PCDIMWIT

birdface 14:23 PM 12 Sep 11

Make sure you have ticked compaibility mode under Tools.

pcdimwit 14:39 PM 12 Sep 11

Hi, what does that mean? is that in the tools at top of page? which tab do I have to go into?? It is really weird I can get Radio 2 from England to play but not on the normal realplayer tabs via "music" > UK radio > BBC radio> then the normal drop down menu of BBC stations, that tab wont open at all and all I get its a "windows cannot open this page window" and instructions about not being connected to internet, (but of course I am) I will look in Tool and see if I can find compatibility........, thanks PCDIMWIT

pcdimwit 15:07 PM 12 Sep 11

Great!!! it seem to be working now, I havent ticked the last box in Compatibility view settings, nor put in the realplayer url in the top box where you can input a URL yourself, but left the two top boxes that say " include updated website displayed from Microsoft" and "Display intranet sites in compatibility view", I opened the Realplayer icon just now in the task bar below and the page on "online guide" for "music, now playing" brings up the whole list of BBC stations now!!! with a section of London and the southeast as the place it is being sent from, Thanks Alot, PCDIMWIT. Do you think there might be other things that this new IE9 download might affect in programmes I havent opened or discovered yet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know