IE9 Crashing

geoffgil 12:04 PM 29 Apr 12

Since updating to IE9 on certain web sites the browser crashes and I have to use the task manager to stop explorer. I have no problem using Chrome on the same sites. It's as if I am running out of ram (I have 2GB with 32 bit vista) On these certain web sites i.e. ebay, amazon plus others the scroll bar moves very juddery and on the digital spy news pages if you scroll down quickly the screen judders with frozen text. I have used a number memory cleaning programs and have defrag the hard drive to no avail. Do you think I need to upgrade my memory?

spuds 13:27 PM 29 Apr 12

Perhaps not the answer, but I have found that IE9 was getting unreliable and causing a number of problems. Even a re-install didn't resolve the problems, so I transferred to Chrome and Firefox, with good results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11