IE9 Browsing History missing after update

Magandapoke 13:53 PM 31 Jul 12

I updated KB2719177 10/07/12 Security update Windows7 x64 Since then the History of web pages visited have either been very spasmodic or not at all. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled but it is still the same. I have checked the settings in internet options and system restored but still no History. Any ideas?

difarn 14:12 PM 31 Jul 12

This seems to be quite a common problem.

If you have a read through this article it may shed some light on your problem - if you scroll down to the post by "techguy" at the end a solution is offered.

Magandapoke 16:16 PM 31 Jul 12

Thanks ''Difarn'' I appreciate your prompt reply. I have looked at the article and ''techguy's'' post. To be honest it's a bit out of my depth, I did try altering the settings on the History tab as suggested, I also moved the Temporary files to my computer disc D and cleaned the disc (deleting them) then moved back to ''C''. No change! I then used a link from his post and from that discovered where the cookies were listed and deleted everything except the sites I used all the time. I'm still not absolutely clear what I did was the answer....but I have History again. Many thanks for your interest.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…