IE9 beta and 'Flash Blocked' messages.

Pine Man 14:35 14 Nov 10

After many years using Firefox I have started using IE9 beta. and I like it:-).

However most of the sites I open have the message somewhere on it that states 'Flash Blocked' and 'Click to restore flash'. If I then right click on the site and select 'Don't filter this site' normal service is resumed!

Is there somewhere in IE9 beta that I can select something like 'Don't filter any sites'?

birdface 14:53 14 Nov 10

Have you downloaded the proper Flash program for I/E it is different from the Firefox one.

GaT7 15:04 14 Nov 10

I'm using IE8, so this is a guess...

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab > Manage add-ons. In the applet that pops up, in the Show field, select All add-ons & scroll to where the Shockwave Flash Object is situated. Right-click on it to highlight & click on the Enable button & Close.

buteman, Flash is installed & working fine, but IE has a setting that is filtering sites that contain it. G

Pine Man 16:07 14 Nov 10

Thanks for your replies.

As summarised by Crossbow7, Flash is working ok but it is prevented from working on most sites by a filter. I have checked 'manage add-ons' and Flash is enabled.

I am sure there is a simple explanation but blowed if I can find it!

GaT7 16:18 14 Nov 10

Have a look at this Flash troubleshooting article click here, especially 'Verify Internet Explorer Settings'. G

Pine Man 16:31 14 Nov 10

It was IE7Pro that was causing the problem. I had forgotten that I had even had it installed and within it there is a command to block flash.

All is ok now thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…