IE9 beta and 'Flash Blocked' messages.

Pine Man 14:35 14 Nov 10

After many years using Firefox I have started using IE9 beta. and I like it:-).

However most of the sites I open have the message somewhere on it that states 'Flash Blocked' and 'Click to restore flash'. If I then right click on the site and select 'Don't filter this site' normal service is resumed!

Is there somewhere in IE9 beta that I can select something like 'Don't filter any sites'?

birdface 14:53 14 Nov 10

Have you downloaded the proper Flash program for I/E it is different from the Firefox one.

GaT7 15:04 14 Nov 10

I'm using IE8, so this is a guess...

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab > Manage add-ons. In the applet that pops up, in the Show field, select All add-ons & scroll to where the Shockwave Flash Object is situated. Right-click on it to highlight & click on the Enable button & Close.

buteman, Flash is installed & working fine, but IE has a setting that is filtering sites that contain it. G

Pine Man 16:07 14 Nov 10

Thanks for your replies.

As summarised by Crossbow7, Flash is working ok but it is prevented from working on most sites by a filter. I have checked 'manage add-ons' and Flash is enabled.

I am sure there is a simple explanation but blowed if I can find it!

GaT7 16:18 14 Nov 10

Have a look at this Flash troubleshooting article click here, especially 'Verify Internet Explorer Settings'. G

Pine Man 16:31 14 Nov 10

It was IE7Pro that was causing the problem. I had forgotten that I had even had it installed and within it there is a command to block flash.

All is ok now thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5