IE8 slowed to a crawl using XP

Snrub 22:02 PM 17 Jan 12

My IE8 has slowed to a crawl using XP it takes forever to download websites and the computer seems to hang for long periods, freezing the mouse pointer. Chrome and Firefox are quick which would seem to suggest this is not a cpu, memory or hard disk related problem. The fault seems to lie with IE8 browser. I have disabled 'add ons' so not that. Should I reset it (but it warns only to do this if unstable} or should I undelete and re-install IE8?

northumbria61 10:52 AM 18 Jan 12

Try clearing your Internet Browser Cache - follow this enter link description here

spuds 11:06 AM 18 Jan 12

Internet Explorer does seem to have problems with this website. I find Google Chrome works best with XP on this site.

Perhaps this problem is part of your other problem posting, regarding how this website is performing?.

Snrub 11:27 AM 18 Jan 12

I have history set to delete on exit so not that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued