IE8 slow? Maybe this tweak will help

ste76 19:58 27 Mar 09
  birdface 20:03 27 Mar 09

Hi.Have you tried it and is it any good.I find IE8 fairly quick and would be surprised if it ran any quicker.

sunnystaines 20:28 27 Mar 09

ste76 posted it at the end of a large thread on ie8. i tried its excellent [site down at present]

but its

Start prompt……type cmd
Right click cmd.exe
Choose run as administrator
Type regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
Press enter
Restart pc

i got fast opening of pages and links, new tabs still 3-4 seconds to open. i was well impressed

VoG II 21:01 27 Mar 09

Tried it - no joy. New tabs still take an age to open.

sunnystaines 21:04 27 Mar 09

VoG™

have tried disable add-ons. I found "speedbit" add-on clashed on my system slowing tabs to 13 seconds to open

grey george 21:27 27 Mar 09

Tried it on my vista home premium made no difference. Some time the tabs open instantaneously and most others everything pauses for a while.

grey george 21:44 27 Mar 09

I looked for add ons but I do not have "speedbit", I did find under tools "developer tools" (f12) was this there on ie7? I don't remember it.

birdface 23:22 27 Mar 09

Tried it on Xp.Not much difference that I can see.but certainly not any slower.

Stuartli 00:25 28 Mar 09

Lucky you...:-)

I'm so fed up with IE8 (even though I use Firefox for 98 per cent of my time) that I'm seriously considering despatching it to the Recycle Bin.

sunnystaines 08:23 28 Mar 09

Those with slow ie8 must have a software clash if the fix by ste76 does not work. look at disabling security, antispyware, or something else you may have that hooks into net related browsing.

I was in the treacle but now have a fast ie8, also to note the info on spybot's web about ie8 is correct i found it did not slow my ie8.[not using their beta]

birdface 09:07 28 Mar 09

I know what you mean.I have the same problem with Firefox so downloaded Google Chrome to give that a try and get more blue colors with that than I do with Firefox and no Toolbar with it.I have had no problems with IE8 and it is running fairly fast and I am quite happy with it at the moment,So it is a bit hard to see any difference using ste76's click here.Having problems being logged out of PCA but not sure if its a IE8 problem or what.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced