IE8 reporting "stopped working"

Ventad 13:13 06 Apr 09

Today I can get on some web pages but if I try to go further into the page ie into different sections ie8 reports Internet Explorer has stopped working "close programme"
Is this just happeninng to me. I have run HIJACK this also Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool run CCleaner

Ventad 13:26 06 Apr 09

Just tried Firefox everything OK. Then tried IE8 still getting page not working!!!

Ventad 14:11 06 Apr 09

bump

rawprawn 15:16 06 Apr 09

I have again reverted back to IE 7 for that very reason. There are many things I like about IE 8 but the continuous "IE Has Stopped Working" and it's comparative slowness has finally convinced me to stay with IE 7.
Sorry it's not an answer but I know of no cure.

AlouetteIII 15:19 06 Apr 09

I too have given up on IE8 for the same reason.

Ventad 15:22 06 Apr 09

Thanks for that so I am not alone! It was alright on IE8 beta. Suppose I will have to go back to IE7 as well.

legalrep 17:55 06 Apr 09

Hi vented I had the same problem gave up with IE8, IE7 wasn't much better crashed on average atleast once a day! Downloaded latest Mozilla Firefox, never used it before but find it very good much faster than both 7 & 8. Would suggest you too download Firefox you won't be disapointed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…