IE8 PC1 add-ond disabled

CardoCardo 14:04 27 Jan 09

Everytime I open IE*, which I've made the mistake of installing thinking that PC1 would be substaially debugged, I get "Internet Explorer is running with add-ons disabled. Click here to manage, disable or remove add-ons" I click "Manage Add-Ons" and it comes up with a list of all my add-ons saying enabled; What do I do?

The Help section says "make sure to select Internet Explorer on the Start menu and do not select Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)" but I am not offered those options.

I have some useful toolsbars installed. They show up in the Tools/Toolbars menu but they will not enable (ie get a tick) when I try.

I've tried to roll back to IE7 but cannot find out how to do so. Help.

ventanas 14:10 27 Jan 09

The toolbars are probably not compatible. I had to update the Google toolbar after install.

To uninstall Internet Explorer 8
For Windows Vista users
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
In the left pane, click Control Panel Home if you are in Classic View.
Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
In the left panel, click View installed updates.
Wait a few seconds for all updates to appear on the list, then scroll down and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 Release Candidate 1.
Click Uninstall.

For Windows XP users
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click Add or Remove Programs.
Select the Show updates check box if it is not already.
Scroll down the list and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 Release Candidate 1, and then click Remove.

birdface 14:12 27 Jan 09

From another thread.
click here

CardoCardo 15:05 27 Jan 09

I've since got through to Microsoft Support. The admit that IE8 RC1 is proving very unstable and their support desk is overwhelmed. They suggested going back to IE7 and waiting for final release. In fact the guy I spoke to was candid and said wait a few months after that!!.
So goodbye IE8 and welcome back IE7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now