IE8 Install Yesterday & Regretting It Already

Graphicool1 12:57 20 Mar 09

If you haven't made your mind up wether to download it or not, learn from my mistake and don't! Wait awhile, till Microsoft have brought out some patches, to try and passify the angry, baying mob, hammering at their door.

Before I downloaded it someone on this forum said they already had it and it was really fast. Don't you believe it. It's painfully slow and full of bugs. As soon as I figure out the best way to revert to IE7...IE8 it will be history.

oldbeefer2 13:04 20 Mar 09

If you uninstall IE8, you will be left with IE7

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:22 20 Mar 09

I have been using it for a few months now and I have not found any bugs etc. It is very quick and I am happy with it. Personally I would be looking closer to home for these 'problems'.

G

Graphicool1 13:28 20 Mar 09

Well prior to installing this yesterday, fresh from a clean install of Windows XP. My PC was performing superbly. Then came IE8 and everything has gone downhill since. When I say everything I of course am refering to IE8

Taw® 13:36 20 Mar 09

As with Gandalf, have been using this for some while now and found it to be extremely efficient and fast

Pine Man 13:37 20 Mar 09

No probs here using it with Vista.

InTheCity 13:40 20 Mar 09

installed today,seems ok,fairly fast.

isca2 13:46 20 Mar 09

No probs here with either XP or Vista. "Full of bugs"..tell us what they are ! What has gone downhill ?

jolorna 14:45 20 Mar 09

xp home sp3 2meg ram pentium 4 2.8 im finding it very slow like yourself, IE very very slow to load with my home page being google i have a very good adsl download speed so it can't be that like you its very frustrating, not sure if its because its more suited to a core 2 duo & not a single core

sunnystaines 14:51 20 Mar 09

using on vista very slow even more so on pc advisor site for reason unknown.

wolfie3000 14:55 20 Mar 09

Just installed it today and i have to say its surprisingly fast.

I generally use firefox for my websurfing needs and only use IE for windows updates,

But its insanely fast on my setup, pages load almost instantly and all my plugins work 100%.

No bugs to report as yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…