IE8 + IE7

Sapins 14:53 19 Aug 09

I have IE8 and I want to be able to use IE7 when I access a certain web site. Can I have both and how do I do it?

birdface 15:00 19 Aug 09

Doubtful if you can have both running at the same time.I would imagine it would be one or the other.
But no doubt will be proved wrong.

GaT7 16:42 19 Aug 09

As with some situations of this nature, there are ways & means of getting around them - if you're inclined to do a bit of tweaking....

You can try IE7 Standalone click here in conjunction with IE8.

Or, set up a virtual machine using virtual-PC type software (click here / click here) with IE7 installed in one & IE8 on the other. Or, even using Microsoft's VPC & an IE Application Compatibility VPC Image click here. G

FatboySlim71 22:55 19 Aug 09

If you are having problems with certain websites with IE8, you can use the compatibility view feature of IE8, this can be found to the left of the REFRESH icon at the top of the screen of IE8. I use it for some sites (this one included).

To use it you (when you are on a problem site) click the Compatibility View icon and the site will then be run in Compatibility View mode, this is basically what Compatibility View mode was made for, i.e. older websites etc.

Sapins 08:36 20 Aug 09

Thank you all for your replies. I will try the compatibility view next time I visit this site, which will be when I have enough points to order something, I ordered this time over the phone.

Thanks again

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…