IE8 Browser is redirected to unwanted Websites

Hulot 23:17 21 May 10

Hi to all Forum Members

I am having some really annoying problems with IE8 and Google Search redirecting me to unwanted website.

I believe it is malware and have run Malwarebytes and MacAfee, yet the problem persists.

I would be very grateful for any help or advice.

Kindest regard

Monsieur Hulot

northumbria61 23:41 21 May 10
  rdave13 06:52 22 May 10

I'd try the free version of Superantispyware. Update it then run a full scan in safe mode.
click here

birdface 09:09 22 May 10

Maybe try this one.

click here

It is a pay for program but you get a 30 day trial and it will remove anything that it finds.
If it asks for payment ignore it and carry on with the scan.

Hulot 12:15 22 May 10

Hello and many thanks to Northumbria61, rdave13 and buteman.

I have tried out the suggestions and especially the Trojan Remover.

However, just surfing to the PC Advisor page the same annoying thing happend again, this time an additional webpage appeared (Adware no doubt).

I do not know what to do.

birdface 14:47 22 May 10

Maybe give this a try and see if it makes any difference.

click here
It only puts a little Icon on your status bar.

You have not downloaded Messenger Plus on to your computer recently have you.

Another to try is a new host file and see if that sorts it out.

click here

Hulot 15:17 22 May 10

Hi Buteman

My apologies for not replying sooner.

Thanks for the Ad-blocking links, I shall try them.

I have not installed Messenger Plus.

I did run Superanti-spyware in Safe-Mode, and it found numerous infections. However, my browser is still firing up unwanted browsers, (which I quickly close).

Thanks once again for your help

Regards
Hulot

T0SH 16:36 22 May 10

Internet Properties then the advanced tab click on the Reset button tick it to reset everything
close out and restart your browser

Cheers HC

rdave13 17:33 22 May 10

Are these pop-ups showing normal adverts as opposed to showing nasties etc. Any mention of CiD?

Legolas 18:21 22 May 10

The last twice I have had this problem I have fixed it by restoring my computer to an earlier time.

Ashrich 22:51 22 May 10

Have a look at the properties of your network connection , find it in Network Connections / right click and select " properties , double click on IPv4 and see if the DNS Server address is set to " Obtain Automatically " , quite often these hijacks use this method to redirect web requests .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…