ie8

Jameslayer 22:31 26 Mar 09

Hi for some reason I decided to move up to ie8. But its not working properly pages dont load, say connection down it takes 3/4 attempts for anything to happen. Is their anyway to roll it back? If not what program should i swop 2 as its driving me insane. I am on windows xp fiully patched.

Forum Editor 22:50 26 Mar 09

1. Click the Start Button and select Control Panel.

2. Select Add or Remove Programs.

3. Find and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 from the list of available applications.

4. Click the Remove button.

5. Restart your system.

There are alternative browsers if you fancy a change. FireFox is good, but my current favourite is Google Chrome.

click here if you want to try it.

sunnystaines 08:20 27 Mar 09

click here

click here

these might help or point you in the right direction.

Jameslayer 16:55 28 Mar 09

Just gone backmto 7 thanks for all the help.

john bunyan 17:36 28 Mar 09

Whilst I applaud the forum members who try the beta versions of things, I find it less hassle to wait to be prompted by the software supplier to update. ie "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
It is difficult enough to update when prompted as I found with XP SP3, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Roixio SP3 etc.recently!

sunnystaines 19:11 28 Mar 09

Temptation gets too much at times, not as bad as I used to be, pick and choose my betas now.

But IE8 was meant to be final version, MS must have known about the high risk of getting a sluggish one on some pc's. Must have been a reason for the sudden release.

john bunyan 21:49 28 Mar 09

Thanks for being a Pioneer!

Jameslayer 19:13 29 Mar 09

I didnt relise ie8 was still in beta thaught it was compleate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now