IE7 useless?

johnnyrocker 23:59 02 Nov 06

looking at all the posts re the above including my debacle when i got it it would seem that ms have yet again got it wrong so what is the point of taking unreliable (and possibly very costly) waste of space upgrades?

johnny.

Stuartli 00:15 03 Nov 06

I would guess that you have been somewhat unlucky whatever the debacle to which you make reference.

You can remove IE7 from Add/Remove Programs and revert to IE6.

skidzy 00:16 03 Nov 06

D/L tonight Jonny,seems ok so far.Admittedly not done to much surfing,just here at PCA and Ebay plus the usual research via google.
So i guess i cannot moan to much ...Yet!

Did have one little embarassing thread earlier though regarding IE7 and OE
click here

johnnyrocker 00:18 03 Nov 06

thanks for that the strange problem (apart from those posed by IE7) was that it was not in add/remove and system restore had to be applied to solve the issue.

johnny.

bluelarger 00:20 03 Nov 06

it also stops your norton upgraded firewall ... click here see my thread thanks

anskyber 08:09 03 Nov 06

Most of the IE7 issues I have read relate to matters such as out of date add ins like tool bars which if updated will allow IE7 to work.
There has been a specific problem for BT broadband users who have the BT desktop helper. The simplest way (although there are others) is to uninstall the helper if you do not use it or take it out of the start up list launching it only if you need it.

Its mostly a case of other software needing updating by PC owners rather than MS getting IE7 wrong.

^wave^ 08:11 03 Nov 06

i have been using ie 7 since its release no probs here

johnnyrocker 08:37 03 Nov 06

it would appear from postings that i and many others must be just 'unlucky'?

johnny.

Stuartli 08:54 03 Nov 06

There were many similar threads after SP2 was released back in August 2004 yet I, and many others, sailed on merrily without ever having to drop anchor.

johnnyrocker 09:03 03 Nov 06

some more fortunate than others then.

johnny.

Eric10 09:55 03 Nov 06

I liked it at first but then I found that my ftp username and password had been lost from Dreamweaver. I had to re-enter them everytime I wanted to login to my website as they weren't being saved despite the appropriate box being ticked. I've reverted to IE6 for the time being and everything is okay with Dreamweaver again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…