IE7 Tabs

tonyx1302 08:31 18 Feb 09

I have just installed IE7 and cannot find how to save the tabs. When I shutdown and then re open all the previous saved tabs
have been deleted.

XP Home with SP3

Many thanks

Tony

Taff™ 08:45 18 Feb 09

If you`re trying to set several tabs as your home pages open a set of them then drop the arrow next to the Home Page Icon. (Looks like a house) Select add or change home page and the last on the list is "Use Current Tab set"

tonyx1302 08:54 18 Feb 09

Many thanks Taff. Didn't realise it would be that simple.

Have a good day

Tony

tonyx1302 10:27 18 Feb 09

Sorry to be a pain but I am not having any luck with this problem. I am using Google as my home page and have listed 6 tabs so when my home page opens, the six tabs should still be there but unfortunatly they are not.
Tony

rawprawn 11:22 18 Feb 09

Open Internet Options> General Tab> Tabs> Settings> Tick Warn me when closing multiple Tabs, when it warns you click Open these tabs next time.

Taff™ 12:17 18 Feb 09

Do you have a program protecting your home page from changing? (An anti-spyware or anti-virus program for example)

tonyx1302 18:58 18 Feb 09

Really sorry for the delay but I had to go out unexpectedly. I have tried your idea rawprawn but when I try to close the page it will not let me unless I tick close tabs and yes Taff I have my home page protected.
I don't think I have made myself very clear. What I am trying to do do is have a home page...Google.. that opens when I boot up that I have preloaded with six tabs of my most used web sites. Is this poss? If so how can I do it please bearing in mind that I am very new to IE7 after ten years with IE6!!!
Thank you Tony

tonyx1302 20:47 18 Feb 09

Bump^ Anyone any thoughts please ?

Tony

FreeCell 21:42 18 Feb 09

Under Tools - Internet Options you will see a place for home page settings.

If you have Google as the home page it will be shown in the box. To add further tabs that will open when you start IE add the web addresses of your favourite sites to this list, one below the other under the Google address.

tonyx1302 21:58 18 Feb 09

Many thanks Freecell. I am going to give that I try but if I am successful and I can save six tabs of my favourites, how do I make that page open when I boot up as I cannot drop and drag it to startup in programs.
Unfortunatly I have spent 3/4 hours with this problem and my is giving me 'the glare' so I will check back a.m tomorrow

Thanks again

Tony

Tony

sinbads 22:47 18 Feb 09

to make tabs which are permenant

open the page you want to save as a tab copy the url (the one at the top of the page starts with http:/....... )

select tools then internet options

here you will see on the general tab a little house to the right is a box you will see http:// google .com probably highlighted in blue .

go to the end of the google .com and left click then select enter to start a new line right click and paste your url that you copied earlier.

restart IE7 and your new tab will appear each time you start IE7.

Repeat to at more permenant tabs

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5