IE7 slow opening pages

Billp64 20:54 26 May 08

Using XP and IE7 on virgin broadband.Often part of page loads or maybe a header and all very slow.
Using router this also happens on laptop and third computer.Pages do load ok but often in use problems. Any suggestions as cause and solutions. I am still waiting for an email from virgin if the service is slow. I appear to have more problems since change to virgin media which I believe is NTL than when it was virgin.
Thanks Bill

brundle 21:46 26 May 08

Check MTU on the router if your system is ADSL; click here

birdface 09:06 27 May 08

I presume that you have run your security programs and found nothing.Try right clicking Local Area Connection on the quick start and press repair[or in control panel network connections] See if it comes up with a DNS problem.

birdface 09:15 27 May 08

Waiting for an e-mail.If you wait till the the 1st of June I think that phone calls are free if you also have the phone package.Speed test.This is the one that Virgin engineer used.click here Now I am not into routers so cannot help you there.Has it just started going slow since you downloaded something.Have you tried TaskManager to see if anything running that should not be.If nothing running System Idle process should be showing about 97% under Cpu.If anything else what.

JanetO 09:20 27 May 08

Another possibility is the 'add ons' in ie7 can make the browser slower or have errors. You can either disable or uninstall them, then add them one by one to see which is causing a problem.

brundle 13:23 27 May 08

"also happens on laptop and third computer." - suggests the router, not individual PCs or software configuration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…