IE7 runnibg without 'add-ons'

olddromola 15:37 16 Nov 08

Yesterday I made a clean instal of XP Home Edition on my PC and by and large everything is working fine. Some programmes look a little different to previously!

The only glitch is that when run IE7, I get a page telling me that IE7 is running without add-ons such as ActiveX, and this may effect the appearance of some web pages. In the 'Tools' menu there is a heading 'manage add-ons' but this seems not to be enabled.

IE7 is coping with the few sites I use most regularly (such as Hotmail.com) but I would like to solve this little problem if possible.

User-1229748 15:50 16 Nov 08

tools- internet options-programmes-manage add-ons

MAT ALAN 15:53 16 Nov 08

check that the shortcut that you're using to open IE is not pointed at the IE without add-ons version. Otherwise you will be going round in circles...

text taken from link...

click here

olddromola 09:57 17 Nov 08

Hi smackheadz and Mat Alan and thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my query.

First of all smackheadz, if you had read all of my post you would have seen that the option you were suggesting was not available to me!

Secondly Mat, I took another shortcut for IE from my programmes list and - hey presto - all is well! Quite a mystery really but never mind, all's well that ends well.

Sea Urchin 14:43 17 Nov 08

Just to clarify - when you are running IE7 without add-ons (either intentionally or not) you will not have the option to Manage Add-Ons as there aren't any.

Glad you've got it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…