IE7 and recent patches.

spuds 08:57 27 Oct 08

As anyone downloaded recent Microsoft patches, possibly covering security issues, and found that IE7 as become problematic.

Since downloading recent patches over the past week, my computer on IE7 as become rather lethargic. The normal clean-ups haven't improved anything.

Firefox runs fine.

birdface 09:04 27 Oct 08

Yes I agree.But never thought about it being an update problem.It may be time for me to try Firefox again.

legalrep 09:08 27 Oct 08

I was about to post my own thread regarding this! I've noticed in the past few days that my IE7 keeps crashing, again not thought it might have been an update!

sunny staines 09:46 27 Oct 08

ok here

birdface 10:23 27 Oct 08

I thought it was an ISP problem.Sluggish opening some pages quick on others.I click on the PCA Icon and it takes about 20 seconds to open.I am with Virgin so not sure if it is a fault with them or not.Might well be the recent updates but not sure.

birksy 13:06 27 Oct 08

They DO cause problems. Not necessarily Microsoft on their own, but Microsoft have twice issued updates for my Realtek Ethernet hardware, and twice, having accepted them, I have lost ALL intenet access, and had to do a 'restore'to get it back.

Can't say I noticed whether it cooincided with a Microsoft Windows update......but one minute everything is perfect, and the next it point blank refuses to open certain web pages in IE.7 in my Vista installation.

Most pages 1 to 2 seconds to open, odd ones, total refusal. This page for instance. I have to change to Firefox.

Thanks for the referal from the page I started on the subject buteman.

spuds 17:18 27 Oct 08

Thanks everyone for the input. I'll tick this as resolved, and keep my eye on events. There something not right, especially after last Friday, and a security patch download.

IE7 was terrible over the weekend and earlier this morning. I have just returned to the computer and its not to bad now. Fingers crossed.

sunnystaines 17:28 27 Oct 08

have you scanned with superantispyware and malwarebytes in case something nasty has slipped in un noticed?

Flak999 18:00 27 Oct 08

I would never accept software updates for third party hardware from the windows update site! It is well known to cause far more problems than it solves!

T0SH 18:22 27 Oct 08

Try resetting IE7 back to the way it came to you

Internet Properties Advanced Tab at the bottom clicking the Reset button

will return IE7 back to how it was when you first installed it

It seems to fix lots of ailments

Cheers HC

birdface 17:26 31 Oct 08

Hi.Everyone that replied.Are any of you with Virgin.Beginning to think that this is a Microsoft+Virgin problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos