ie7 problems in xp

David7 22:41 17 Jul 10

Have ie7 with xp sp3. Recently, certain webpages -like the new BBC news website - have links to other pages superimposed on top of normal text. Have updated Java and reinstalled Adoble Flash Player but to no avail. Anyone come across this or know the reason/solution?
Many thanks,
David

lotvic 22:50 17 Jul 10

Haven't noticed it on BBC News site but,
Try adjusting the page zoom control.
Hold down Ctrl on keyboard, and press the + or -
or scroll the mouse wheel

VoG II 22:51 17 Jul 10

Try updating to IE8.

northumbria61 23:00 17 Jul 10

I would also advise you to update to I.E.8

David7 23:06 17 Jul 10

Thanks for repsonses but zooming didn't touch the problem and don't really want to update to IE8.

Sea Urchin 23:07 17 Jul 10

Presumably you mean like this?

click here

David7 23:18 17 Jul 10

I am a bit new to forums but I clicked on your 'click here' link, and the only thread that brought up the problem was the 'click here' posted by Graham. Your one for the BBC came up all right! But still not on my computer.

Sea Urchin 23:55 17 Jul 10

Yes, it was Graham who had the problem - I was just wondering if that overprinting was the same as you are getting?

David7 18:59 19 Jul 10

Yes, the problem was the same as Graham's but have updated the graphics software and this has solved the problem on the BBC news website but not on my banking website which has also recently been 'improved' by them. This problem doesn't occur on my laptop with xp and ie7 so must be specific to my desktop computer. Maybe I do need to upgrade to ie8 but thought it had issues of slowness and freezing - or have these now been resolved by microsoft? Many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…