IE7 problem

Hetti 13:06 25 Nov 06

I was running IE5 so I downloaded IE7 it was fine until we tried to use a games site (POGO) which we use to play Chess/cards ect when the was game loaded it brokeup into coloured horizontal lines, so you cannot see the chess board or card table,(i have since uninstalled IE7) I have been in touch with pogo but i may as well talk to the wall, they seem to think it is a problem with my security package (even though it is the same one as I had before i installed IE7 and was fine then.I know the games need Jave to run and was wondering if there could be a conflict between IE7 and Java
Any Ideas?
Win XP pro

If i cannot get it sorted do any of you have the link for me to upgrade to IE 6 from IE5

VoG II 13:10 25 Nov 06

click here - this is the full package not just a service pack.

anskyber 13:10 25 Nov 06

This is the latest Java Runtime Environment. click here

Hetti 13:47 25 Nov 06

Thanks guys
VoG
I tried the link for IE6 but after I clicked download, then run i got "newer version detected cannot continue" I cannot see IE7 in control panel>add remove programmes any ideas?

Oh I should mention I did not uninstall the IE7, but I did a system restore was that the wrong thing to do?
anskyber
Ill try to get ths sorted then look at the java update you sent ..thanks

VoG II 14:41 25 Nov 06

In Add/Remove programs it should show as Windows Internet Explorer 7. If you can't see it tick Show updates at the top of the window.

Hetti 15:21 25 Nov 06

VoG
I have checked and rechecked in add/remove programmes and i cannot find IE7 nor is IE5 listed (the one im using at the moment) i did tick the show updates box. Am I doing something wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…