IE7 Problem

Genius1 11:25 05 Feb 06

Have just downloaded IE7 Beta 2, and whenever a webpage loads in the browser, the 'connection' dialogue box keeps popping up and connecting automatically to something. For a page like Google, where there's not a lot to load it pops up about three or four times, but on a website like PCWorld it pops up multiple times and is very annoying. The page does eventually load, but only after several of the connection pop-ups! I'm using Wanadoo Broadband with Windows XP Media Centre. Does anyone know why this is happening?

SG Atlantis® 11:27 05 Feb 06

because it's beta software. If you're having problems remove it or continue to test it and let Microsoft know?

I put it on and took it off after a couple of hours.

Genius1 11:30 05 Feb 06

Thanks, yes I thought it could be something to do with it being beta software. Is anyone else having the same problem? I like the interface of the new IE and tabbed browsing seems good but Firefox is still my browser of choice.

phil 11:30 05 Feb 06

This seems to be a common problem. I'm sure MS must know something about it by now.

click here

Genius1 11:33 05 Feb 06

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! Back to Firefox it is then...

SG Atlantis® 11:35 05 Feb 06

yeah, a friend had the problem too. On mine it was just slow.

There's still a brave bit of work for MS to do on it.

nickhurl 14:02 09 Jun 06

Hi.

Just read your comments on IE7.
I've not had the problem with beta2 that you had, but I find that 9 times out of 10, when I log off IE7, I get an error report to send or the option to debug, before the program terminates. Any ideas or should I notify Microsoft again.

I tried removal and reload, both from a free disc from XP magazine and from Microsoft, but I still get the problem.

As you mention though, it does seem very slow to load as well.

Genius1 16:40 09 Jun 06

What has atlantis7 got to do with this post?!!

I'm currently having no problems with Beta 2 - it was Beta 1 I was referring to initially in this posting.

Jimmy14 16:51 09 Jun 06

I had exactly the same problem when it kept on connecting everytime I went to a webpage or whatever so I contacted Microsoft and their suggestions didn't work so just removed it. Suppose its only beta software though

Lettervanman 17:09 09 Jun 06

I have been using IE7 for some weeks now,and apart from a problem with FTP which is now sorted,I have none of the problems mentioned here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009