IE7 Print Problem

aich 15:34 31 Dec 08

I have 2 computers on home network both sharing a printer connected to the desktop via usb. When I attempt to print from IE7 or Firefox on my laptop I receive an error, I can print OK from the desktop, also I can print from Word etc on the laptop. The IE7 error is a scripting error - res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg.
This has only recently occurred, and I have loaded some Arcsoft Video software which may have affected it. Any advice please to resolve this issue would be appreciated. I have run regsvr32 ole32.dll successfully but it has no affect. I have XP with SP2 operating system.

Sea Urchin 16:06 31 Dec 08

This fix seemed to work for most people on this link

click here

aich 16:14 31 Dec 08

Thanks for that, but I have tried and although i receive a success message after running it makes no difference to my printing problem.

Sea Urchin 16:26 31 Dec 08

Something more to consider

click here

You also mention having recently loaded some video software - if you think the problem started after that I would try un-installing and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then a new re-install might be more successful.

Pineman100 16:55 31 Dec 08

You could use System Restore to roll the computer back to a date/time before you installed Arcsoft Video.

If that solves the problem, then at least you know the culprit for certain. You then have to decide whether to reinstall the Arcsoft (perhaps after asking Arcsoft for some advice) or using a different video package.

Sea Urchin 17:21 31 Dec 08

FAQ about System Restore

Can I use System Restore to uninstall applications?

NO! System Restore does not completely uninstall applications when restoring to a point prior to the applications installation. What happens is, System Restore only removes the monitored files for the installed applications and the remaining non-monitored files are left behind. Any registry entries made by the installation of the application will also be gone. This will cause the application not to function. And in some cases, cause the uninstall and reinstall process of the partially removed application to fail. This is why it is recommended to uninstall any applications installed after the restore point you will be restoring to. If the uninstall and reinstall fail, try to undo the restore point, uninstall the application in question, then perform the restore again. The only other option would be to manually remove (for advanced users) leftover files, folders, shortcuts, and registry entries.

So it would be better to uninstall Arcsoft altogether.

Pineman100 17:30 31 Dec 08

Thanks for that! Your advice is clearly a much better solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…