IE7 and outlook express curious problem

fullyfitted 17:45 17 Nov 08

Using Windows XP home edition, Outlook Express and IE7.
When I receive photos attached to an email I use Windows Fax viewer to view them as a slide show. In addition to the photos I also get thumbnails of any Web pages I’ve been on recently such as the PCA logo, Argos Logo Etc. Even more annoying when I send photos the recipients are complaining that they also get the thumbnails. I can do a work round by running CCleaner before sending but this only a temporary fix.
It has been suggested that IE should create a Temporary Internet File called OUTLK or something similar, but if its not doing that and the images are being saved in the Temporary Internet Files folder and when I send or receive photos they are being included with all images in that folder. I may be able to fix it by doing a repair to IE but I’ve never done this before, is there any risk of losing Data? Any thoughts advice, or suggestions will be welcome

Thanks

Technotiger 18:47 17 Nov 08

click here

You should not lose any data by repairing IE - but to put your own mind at rest, you can create a Restore Point before you try the repair.

To create a Restore Point, go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore then choose to create a restore point.

fullyfitted 19:01 17 Nov 08

Technotiger,
Thanks for the reply,
I've now created a restore point and I've arranged for a mate to send an email photo so I can replicate the problem,will come back later after I've done the repair and got the email.
Thanks again

fullyfitted 20:07 17 Nov 08

Did the repair but still got the problem, if anyone has any thoughts or ideas they will be welcome

Technotiger 20:39 17 Nov 08

Maybe you need to repair or re-install your email program?

click here

fullyfitted 20:56 17 Nov 08

Technotiger,
Thanks for the link, will give it a go tomorrow

Ff

fullyfitted 19:56 24 Nov 08

Technotiger,
Apologies for not responding earlier to your suggestion but the arrival of our third grandchild meant a sudden change of priorities as we (Mrs ff & me)were urgently required on babysitting duties.
Will come back to this when I've got my head in gear.
Thanks again

FF

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…