IE7 "out of memory on line..." ?

greybeard 21:24 14 Apr 09

Occasionally my IE7 now displays a small window when I'm on line that says "Out of memory on line 67350499".
I'm not sure if it's always the same line number, but can anyone tell me why, and what, if anything, I need to do about it.
MTIA
John

rawprawn 08:42 15 Apr 09

Try running an AV scan and also click here and click here (Free Trial) iut's free for ever in Safe Mode

rawprawn 09:12 15 Apr 09

Let me rephrase that. Malwarebyes is free for ever in trial mode (It just doesn't give real time protection or auto update)
Run both of the anti malware programs in safe mode.

greybeard 14:15 15 Apr 09

As it happens, I've just done a scan with it, but not in safe mode.
Does that make adifference ?
John

rawprawn 15:07 15 Apr 09

If you run in safe mode the IE drivers are not loaded

rawprawn 15:23 15 Apr 09

Also Try disabling the addons in IE

rawprawn 15:26 15 Apr 09

And just a thought, I am assuming that you have plenty of RAM and you are really not short on memory.

greybeard 17:13 15 Apr 09

Thanks rawprawn.
What are the "addons" you mention ?
I'm running ie7, and have ~1.2gb of ram, and haven't had any other ram related problems.
John

rawprawn 17:40 15 Apr 09

Go to Tools> Manage Add-ons> In the drop Down Menu Choose Add-ons Currently Used by Internet explorer. I think the only way is to disable them all and see if the problem goes away. If so try enabling one at a time.

I am not sure about this problem so if anyone else out there can help please do.

greybeard 17:53 15 Apr 09

Thanks rawprawn. I'll give it a couple of days, and log what happens, like the line number being the same or different, before proceeding any further.
Thanks again,
John

rawprawn 18:30 15 Apr 09

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…